The world of rap and hip-hop used to be a male-dominated industry. But soon, a few females rappers broke the mold, paving the way for future women rap artists. These days there are a number of female rappers who top the charts with their hard-hitting lyrics, killer fashions and jaw-dropping beats.
But just which of these female rap artists have earned the most money for their artistic pursuits in the field of hip hop? Did all of their money come from rapping and singing? What else have these top-earning females done to earn their millions of dollars? Here is the list for 2019.
Top 10 Richest Women Rappers in 2019
- Nicki Minaj: Earnings of $70 million through rapping and various large endorsement deals.
- Queen Latifah: Earned $60 million from both rapping and acting.
- Missy Elliott: Made $50 million from rapping, acting, and a little modeling.
- Bahamadia: Earnings of $32 million as a major freestyle lyricist and hosting her own radio show.
- Lil’ Kim: Earned $18 million from rapping, songwriting, modeling and acting, as well as her clothing lines and a beauty shop.
- Sandra Denton: Made $15 million from rapping, acting, and reality television.
- Cheryl James: Earnings equal $14 million through rapping and acting.
- DJ Spinderella: Got $10 million as a DJ, rapper, actress, radio talk show host and beauty salon owner.
- Iggy Azalea: Earned $10 million as a rapper and singer.
- Eve: Earnings of $10 million as a rapper, fashion designer and actress.
These top 10 female rappers have some made some serious earnings. Most have expanded into other areas besides rapping, but all of them got an honest start in the world of hip hop. Rap fans everywhere should keep an eye out for up-and-coming female artists who might make this list in the next year or two to come.